1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Z 2 on ebay with only 200 hours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Aug 25, 2006.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

OK, I want to see how far off base I am. Now if a new MTD Lesco Z 2 is 6899 then with my Mr. Haney formula it should bring around 50 cents on the $ of a new one. I figure it to go for around 3600$.

Could someone please provide the link? Thanks!
  2. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

So now there MTD Lescos?
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 01 M-60 tank, over 1000 hours, barely used last 3 years, there giving me 3400.00 on trade.
    Figure thats a pretty good deal.

from FLORIDA

That's a great deal, are you trading it for a 72?

Somebody plese provide the link to watch the aution. If it brings real money I will give Envy a break.
  5. wriken

probably, not sure when though.
  6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I can't get it to upload but you can go to www.ebay.com and put in the search bar Lesco 60" Z 2 and it will pop right up.
  7. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I'd bet closer to $4500
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

And your point to all of this would be what???....
    To say "hey look at me... I like being a pest so much that I don't mind looking like a moron."

News flash.... most commercial mowers do good to bring 50 cents on the dollar used.
    Especially when auctioned... unless a couple of dummies get to fighting over it.
    Doesn't matter what brand it is.

Diesels and big-name brands will occasionally fair better... as in Toro or John Deere..

Case in point, I screwed up and screwed myself out of getting a 23/52" Scag with the collection system and almost no hours off Ebay for about what the bagger cost new. Why? at the time, the Scag fans were busy in a bid war fighting over a big Turf Tiger and the rest of the guys were doing the same over a Toro.

from FLORIDA

I am just curious as to weather or not the public is catching on to how high quality the Z 2 is as you say ? I mean according to you it is just as good as my Hustler spec for spec and 2000$ cheaper so it should fair well right? This is the perfect auction for my test.

B.s I find the products people want do well and the ones that don't follow the Mr. Hainey rule of 50 cents on the $!
  10. wriken

I also agree there as good as any other brand out there, and better then most. Sounds like your mad they sell a mower for 2000.00 less, and you have to spend 2000.00 more to keep your image. Oh well for each their own. I'm satisfied with what I buy also.