1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Z mower......Is it any good ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jusmowin, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I was down at Lesco today picking up some seed when I thought I would test drive one of their Z mowers. It looked very well built and operated like silk , Im really tore between this machine and the Toro or Exmark Z . All 3 of these machines are around the $7000 range and all of the dealers are good people too work with, the only drawback between the 3 dealers is that the Lesco shop is the farist away(25min drive ) as the other 2 are only 5min away from my house. So, all things considering what machine would YOU buy???

Thanks for your help
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If I only had those choices, I'd get one of the Red ones.

They have been on the market longer and have all the bugs worked out.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

jusmowin--I swear by my old lesco 48 WB but I hear conflicting reports on the Z.

it seems that based on what I hear the current Z is better than the earlier years but I don't think I can back that statment up with hard evidence.

simply put...same money no doubt I'd do exmark for a Z. good luck.

4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

I think all three are good units,but I think the Exmark will outrun and out perform on a commercial level.The Lesco is built really tough. I think the Exmark people are on top of the game.A lazer will be my next mower!
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark you would love. I would be very afraid of the Lesco Z.
  6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yea, what Hoss said!
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Lesco Z. Is it the Viper? Are they still using the MTD?
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if im correct, the mtd, the cub cadet and the lesco viper are all the same machine. im starting to see a lot of the vipers out there. i agree with hoss though. i went with the exmark and am very happy with it.