lesco z turn mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by just grass, Jul 3, 2003.

1. just grass

just grass LawnSite Member

i have seen that lescos product offer the same options as engine sizes and deck sizes for a good savings off the regular price compared to other brands anyone use this mower and have you had any problems? i can pick one up with a 54 in deck i cant remember i think it has a 23 hp or 25 hp kawa for 6250.00

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you going to be doing the majority of your work discharging or mulching?

You REALLY need to demo the cut/mulch quality of several you may be considering, before buying a Lesco.

Just my opinion folks.

3. just grass

rustic goat,

yes i plan to just be discharging, do you not recommend the lesco because it doesnt mulch well or is there something else with the machine that you can share.

4. just grass

by the way its a 23 hp for 6250
    25 hp for 6550.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 of them, except there painted yellow, there cub Tanks, one is a 60" and the other is a 72". Probably will be adding a 54" soon. They cut/stripe as good as any out there. I don't know about mulching with them as I do not mulch, but they offer mulch kits for them. You won't be sorry. :)

mvc-012s.jpg

6. Rustic Goat

Using solely to discharge, will probably be fine. I do almost all mulch, Lesco's 'mulch kit' is a joke. IMO
    There are a lot of them out there, just wondering if you've done close eyeball exam of the brands you've mentioned, and/or demo driven/cut with them.
    Also, critique the shop/service department of the various dealers/brands.

7. Rustic Goat

just grass,
    email me with your email address and I'll go into more detail if you'd like.
    Cannot get the email or PM to work for sending you a message.

kendor7@earthlink.net