LESCO Z-Two 48" left over 2005

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Knukey, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

Let me start off with: I'm a homeowner user, not commercial.

I stopped by my LESCO dealer to look at some weed and feeds and saw this unit. It's a left over 2005 w/48" deck with a 19 hp Kawasaki and 1.3 hours on it asking $4,875. I cut my own 2 acres lawn and I'm thinking of stepping up to a commercial unit if this is a good deal. I doubt I will need another mower in my lifetime as I do keep my equipment up.

I have a Toro Timecutter 1438Z (yeah I know homeowner crap, but has done well for me on my smaller lawn before I moved last fall) that I'm considering selling for this unit.
  2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

They list for $6200 brand new on Lesco's website. I would say thats a decent deal on the 2005. Go for it.
  3. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

2 acres @ 45/Acre cut by an LCO =$90 per cut by an LCO
    $4875 per mower / $90 per cut = 54 cuts for the cost of the mower
    (approximately two years of mowing)
    add in the costs of belts and gas and grease and oil and filters
    Hand held tools etc.
    you'll probably break even after 3 years or so
    but if you are going to cut your own regardless of the expense
    (even after this incredible sales pitch)
    . . . thats a nice mower and a good deal
  4. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

I'm NOT cutting my grass. I enjoy it like Forrest Gump. I get away from the family for a while, smell the grass and get to ride around on a piece of equipment that makes a bumper car seem boring. Heck NO!

Good sales pitch though, but not an option for me. Thanks for the input.

I offered the guy $4500 and gave him my card. I would think (if I'm them) I would not let me leave. I know it's lower than the have marked, but it was a reasonable offer from a serious buyer and that deserves immediate attention in my opinion. At least ask who ever you need to while I'm there and make a counter offer. I guess a sales person he was not.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i really like the salesman in you...

yes it is a very nice mower..... probably the last youll ever need as a homeowner....lesco has been bought by Johns Deer, not sure what the ramifications are yet.. but the parts for that machine are the same as the commercial cub cadet units ( i have one).... should be o problem geting parts whatever happens with the lesco line of mowers...