lesco z-two 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ffemt1271, Aug 10, 2003.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone own a lesco z-two 60" with a 25 kawasaki? i have been shopping around for a ztr, for next season, if not before. stopped and looked at the lesco's friday. they are asking $6600 for the 60" w/ 25 hp kawi. scag wants $8300 and eXmark wants almost $8k for the same machine. why are they so much cheaper? could you give me some pro's and con's of this machine? thanks in advance.
    ffemt1271

2. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Can't get service for one thing. At our service center if you need repairs you have to take them 45 miles away. Some parts are cheaper that are used on them.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i know in my area if u buy a lesco mower and it brakes and lesco doesn't have a mechanic to fix it u are stuck with a broken machine the local mower shops will not touch them
    just what i have seen.

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We have the same machince. Has 400hrs on it no problems so far.We do drive 2.5 hrs to have them fixed, but its worth it to us.
    We also have 3 other lesco mowers. No problems with ours.

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i can do all of the repairs in my shop as needed. how hard will it be to get just the parts for us to do the repairs?

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

talk to the lesco rep if u get a kohlor or kaw power plant u can get parts for them anywhere might be worth it

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a couple of them, except there yellow and called cub commercial Tanks, I've had no major problems with them, we mow up to 88 acres a week with these 2 mowers. They pretty much have the same hyd motors and pumps as the others, same deck thickness etc.

oh ya forgot, the 60" has a 23 kaw, and the 72" has a 28 Generac

mvc-012s.jpg