Lesco Z Two Spreader Sprayer

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Dave F, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Dave F

Dave F LawnSite Member

Is the Lesco Z Two Spreader Sprayer worth owning? Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

i have a cust who loves it took him alittle time to calibrate but he was being real cautious. again the machine has to fit the need. the basic frame is the z-two which i have had no complaints except from missed prevent maintance.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi Dave -- I bought a Z-two sprayer/spreader over a year ago. It never streaks lawns and is heads above PG and Z-Spray units on weed control.

We've had about ten breakdowns during the past 15 months, but nothing serious. Currently it's in the shop (ten days now) due to a wiring problem. It's on its 4th pump , but I'm hoping the wiring (so hot you can hardly touch it) will be fixed and resolve the pump problem. The spot sprayer quit working last fall -- still broke.

We also installed a foam marker system.

We sold our 21 foot boom sprayer cuz we only used it on about ten properties (we have 3000 accounts). We use our LESCO Z-two unit on almost 100 accounts now. Usually 40,000 sq ft and larger.

Bottom line: When it is not down, it serves us well, and I'm glad we bought it. I just hope we get the bugs out of it soon.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Got our LESCO Ztwo sprayer/spreader back Monday. No more "hot wires", and now it spreads and sprays bigger & better. Seems wires were not properly grounded. The spot sprayer wand still does not work, and the "add-on" foam marker does not work either, but at least the unit spreads & sprays .... saving us time & money on huge lawns. More bugs to work out for sure -- including lack of power going uphill???