Lesco z-two spreader/sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Doster's L & L, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just checking to see if any of you own one of these. How do you like it? I understand that they are better for large properties, but have any of you had much luck on a lawn 1/2 acre to 1 acre in size?

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We bought one of the first three sold in our state. We have used ours for two years now. It sprays & kill weeds like nobody's business. Better than any ride-on we tried (PG's & Z-Sprays). The fert pattern is the same as a LESCO push spreader, so it's not really a wide-application machine.

I'm thinking about selling ours. PM me if you are interested. I have never seen a used one for sale yet, so I assume others like 'em too.

3. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

What size properties do you operate your z spray on? Is there anything at all that you don't like about your z spreader/sprayer?

4. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Like American said it's a very nice low volume machine, 15hp kawi and 40gallon tank too which is pretty awesome, you can actually get anywhere from 2-to about 3.5 acres per tank depending on what rate you want to spray and some other tweaking with the nozzles, the only downside I thought from operating one myself was the foot pedal for the hopper control could use some modification, it's just a little flimsy, otherwise great machine for big properties, you don't want it for smaller than like 20,000m2 due to having to mess with the booms and stuff they can get caught up in trees and stuff.