Lesco Z two ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIKEJ, Sep 28, 2003.

1. MIKEJ

MIKEJ LawnSite Member

Looking at the 54" Lesco Z two. The price seems very good @ $6295.00 but how is the quailty of this machine. I have Lesco w/b mowers now and have had very few problems and they give a great cut. Can you get stripping kits and mulch kits for the Z two. How good is the collection system they put on these machines (PeCo system). How do they cut in tall grass. Any help is appreciated.

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

heck go for the 60 its only 6695 i believe. I demoed this machine and its not a bad ride for the money.Plenty of power etc..I just worry 3-4 years into the life of the machine.Other concerns dealer support,resale value. Striping was average. I did like the pivoting front axle i think it helped a few times.:D

3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Dont worry, we have a Wb thats well over 5 yrs old and runs as good as our new 52 wb. We also have a 60 Z2.Love the Z.

4. regnort

regnort LawnSite Member

I have a 60" @200 hrs no problems so far. I paid 6200 for mine. the Z-Two comes with a pretty good set of rollers on the back that should should pretty well in the northern zone grasses, I can even get a little stripe down here on the gulf coast. I have been happy with my mower so far, the only problem was a flat front tire the day I took it home. I carried it back to lesco the next mornong they replaced the whole wheel and the machine hasn't sen the inside of the shop since. The new model year has a few improvements, better air filter system, soft chute that won't get bent to h@!! and back, and I believe 1/4 " height adjust instead of 1/2".

Good Luck

Reg

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Mike-the lco I work for has 1 48" hydro lesco with a bull rider. Works nicely and has good speed!

I would suggest sending a PM to qualitylandscaping

He seems to be the god of lesco on this site and has mad a remarkable name for himself @ 16 years old.

I would ask him, he has a Z two

best of luck!

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a peco type system on my cub tank 60", works great. I own 3 cub mowers which are the same as lesco. a 48" w/b, 60 and a 72" ztr riders. With the 2 riders I run, we cut around 90 acres a week with them, so far no problems. Have over 600 hrs on 60 w/23 kaw, 72" has about 250 hrs on it has a Generac 28 hp motor. you can get mulch kits for the ztr's, and they come standard with striping kits on them. Of all the mowers the 72 cuts the best of them in tall grass.