Lesco Z2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by davidw221, Aug 4, 2004.

1. davidw221

davidw221 LawnSite Member

I have a Lesco Z2 54", when I mow I get a little mohawk from the mower deck, talked to the dealer, and they said the deck was crooked, I measured it, and it the same distance from each of the rear tires, anyone else have this problem cause the dealer isn't any helpl, I still have the problem and there ignoring this issue. does anyone else have this problem with the Lesco Z2?

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry i have a lesco w/b with the Z2 deck and have no probs. I bet wrinken will help you. He has a fleet of cub tanks that are the same as the Z2

3. Joe Green Grounds Maint.

Joe Green Grounds Maint. LawnSite Member

We use a couple Z2's and one of our crews had the same problem. It turns out that the vacuum/air flow was clogged due to some wet grass clippings. Just cleaned the underside of the deck and the crews were back in the field (without the mowhawk). That can be easy to overlook as it is such a simple fix.

4. snowbound

snowbound LawnSite Member
    from Buffalo

Where is the mohawk showing up what part of the deck? Center, right side ect. Often is noticed right under the operators left or right foot. I assume the grass is not Cut? As there are times when a deck will leave a strip of cut grass.
    The pitch of the deck should be from front to back with around 1/4" at most.
    Have you tryed new blades just for the heck of it?

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Check each blade with a ruler make sure all are same distance

from underside of deck. My Scag had the left blade off 1/4" from

one end to other. I put 2 washers between deck and spindle.

Then shimmed the others to match . Ed