Lesco Z's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Feb 14, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

For those of you who use the Lesco, Viper Z's impaticular how are they in general? Do they hold up to everyday commercial usage, and are there any common problems, Thanks in advance.:waving:
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 99' Viper it is a GREAT stripper, but is NOTHING like my Exmarks. It' s not even in the same class, but for the price lesco sells them for you can't beat them if your strapped for cash. I think the new Z-two's are supposed to be alot better. ENVY can tell you alot about these machines, he run one alot.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew a guy with a Lesco ZTR and he loved it. It was a 60", don't remember the model or anything though.
  4. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

in my area there are no lesco dealers. i think the closest one is 50 miles.
  5. nobagger

from Pa

Well I have a chance to pick some Lesco stuff up at an auction thats coming up soon. And I know a guy who bought one (used Lesco Viper) stole it, for $1500.00 w/ a bagger and he ended up selling it 2 years later for $2500.00 NOT BAD!:cool2:
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

A good friend of mine who does a lot of commercial work has one with a track vac on it.He sends it out everday and guys there love it.For the price how can you go wrong.
  7. nobagger

from Pa

What are the prices for these new Lesco's and whats different (better) than in years past?
  8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco a couple years ago came out with the Ztwo to replace the viper as there ZTR. The viper had a stamped deck if I am not mistaken. The new Ztwo is a welded deck. Alot of guys in my area run them and love them. Over all they leave a nice cut and seem well built for the price. I think a 60 inch with a 25 horse Kaw. is going for around $6,500. Depending on your dealer.
  9. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

There a commercial mower so why wouldn't it hold up to commercial use? Ive had mine for three yrs now and have had nothing major go. Recently I had to have some work done on the deck some parts welded back on, but after three yrs and the real rough mowing conditions its used for I cant complain.Mine is the Ztwo 60 , but we also had a 48 Viper as well which we sold recently, had that for 4 yr or more and that thing was a work horse.
  10. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

For the price of 2 dixie choppers xwf-2703-60in's you can get three lesco 60in z's. Pretty good deal there.