Lesco ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grlandscaping, Sep 23, 2004.

1. grlandscaping

grlandscaping LawnSite Member

Hello all -

I am purchasing my first rider right now, and recently found a Lesco Viper ZTR for sale. It is 3 years old, stamped deck, new 23hp Kawasaki engine as of the beginning of this season, grease zerks on spindles, new fuel pump as of 2 months ago, 1300 hours, small tear on seat, rear tires are pretty much bald.

The machine runs great, blades run good and the cut is good. I've been reading through the posts on here, and for the most part, Lescos sounds like a pretty good machine for the buck. This guy is asking $2000 for it. I will be mowing 2 full days with it a week (30 accounts). For a starter machine, and it seems to be working good (the machine is regularly serviced at the Lesco branch) it seems like a good price.

Anyone with expereience or with general knowledge of this machine and prices, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. grlandscaping

grlandscaping LawnSite Member

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated!!

3. slicklawns

slicklawns LawnSite Member

Original Lesco Z mower was the Viper. They had some deck issues to begin with. Newer model is the Z Two ( I have the 54'' deck ). Tires are very aggressive and I mean very aggressive. It's not the Roll's edition of riders but not the Edsel model either. Use it to get up and running and see how you like it, and it sure beats a WB. Good luck with the purchase.

4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the new Lesco w/b and love it. I started out with a Z and still have it. If I did it all over again I would start with the W/B H/D. Used to me is scary. I mean you dont realy know what you are getting. Go with a NEW W/B and save for a Z if its what you want. The Z2 by lesco is a great mower. Just my opinion.

5. thor

thor LawnSite Member

I was pickin up seed and starter at lesco yeterday and saw the new z looks like a bad az ride i think the larger deck has a articulating deck . lots of black diamond tread the thing just looked mean i got a price of under 5 grand for the 44-48? it had monster front casters . the hydro w/b looked like a good machine as well . i will post more after i demo.