Lesco ZTwo Hydro Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Grass-Masters, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I am a fairly mechanically inclined person but I have tried a few things I have read on here. I just got a Lesco ZTwo 25/60. It is at about 35 hours and the right hydro is making a noise when it is used. It also seem to have slightly less power then the left.

I have tried the whole jack it up and run it in forward and reverse for 5 times. And this did not fix anything. So I changed the hydro fluid and I just finished that and it does not seem to have fixed it either. I am sure there is usually some metal flake in the hydro fluid after the break in period, as there was in mine. Is this normal or am I missing something.

I also was going thru greasing the fittings and noticed the drive belt had come off the tension pulley, how do you make the belt have more tension and at what point is too much. To some these may be silly questions but this is my first ZTR and I want to take care of it and I want it to run properly. Thanks

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

You may want to check the pulley on the pump itself Lesco has had some units that the nut that holds the pulley onto the pump back off. This would be covered under warranty and I would take it back A.S.A.P if this is what you find.

3. Grass-Masters

I just got done working on it for the day I will check it out in the morning.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I would suggest checking all the hydro hoses making sure all the fittings are tight. If this is the same unit as a Cub Tank which I believe it is I have ran across a few that were loose on the suction side sucking air but leaking very little. Dirt collected around them is a sign of one leaking.

5. LESCO...MECH

LESCO...MECH LawnSite Member

Make sure you check your by-pass valves to make sure they are fully closed

6. Grass-Masters

I think the problem is fixed or partially fixed you tell me. It still makes a slight noise from the right side, nothing like before. It seems to only happen when first moving and when at full throttle. But I had alot of metal shavings in the hydro fluid. I changed it, but I had to order a filter from lesco and I reused the old one temporarily, and there is alot of metal shavings in it again. Do you think this could have come from reusing the filter. Or are these shavings coming from something else. I just got the new filter in today. I will change the fluid again tommarrow.

7. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

metal shavings doesn't sound good at all new or used filter. If it only has 35 hours on it you need to take it back.

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta agree with khouse, You have a major hydro problem and should get it back to your dealer pronto.....

9. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

In another thread a few days ago, you mentioned that you had sold this Lesco to another guy on LawnSite. Have you been keeping the other guy informed of this problem?

10. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

just get rid of it lescos are crap:hammerhead: