1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Ztwo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DiMassa33, Sep 8, 2007.

1. DiMassa33

DiMassa33 LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys run the lesco Ztwo's. Im looking at buying a 48in 19hp model for under 3,000. The unit has around 550 hours on it. Im sort of worried about how long the 19 hp engine will run on a ztr. It said the engine was already replaced at 200 hrs, which kind of worried me also. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal?
  2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have a Lesco 48" but I do have a Cub Cadet Tank 54" which is the same machine (comparing 48" to 48" and 54" to 54" etc.).

Frankly I'd rather have the 23 HP which comes on the newer 48" models. Just suppose you do buy the just under $3,000.00 machine with the 19 HP engine . If it konks out and needs a new engine what will the new one cost -- what about if you step up to a 23 HP replacement engine ?

I believe the new 48" with a 23 HP engine is around $6,199.00. If I could afford either the older or newer I know which I would buy.

Oh by the way Lesco has been bought out by John Deere so none of us knows right now what they will do with the Lesco mower line. We do know Cub Cadet Parts will replace Lesco parts.