1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fireman scott, Apr 16, 2000.

1. fireman scott

fireman scott LawnSite Member

i am looking to buy a walk behind mower.. i am looking at Lesco here and i noticed that they have everything including mowers..i am a fireman and all my fireman buddies that cut grass use ex-mark mowers...well Lesco has the same engine as does the ex-mark..does anyone out there have or know of anyone that has used Lesco mowers...how good are they...thanks for your input...<p>scott - nashville tennessee
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

scott--I see no one has responded to your post. let me give a try.<p>I have a lesco 48 belt drive with a 14 hp kawasaki. (PRE MARRIAGE OF LESCO AND MTD)this will be the fourth year on the machine and I bought it well used and I recommend this particular model.<p>the machine is tough and dependable. built solid as a rock. likely to do anything you need done. be advised that there are more desirable machines out there, each has a higher price. do your home work and consider service after the sale as well as quality of cut. even though my lesco dealer has always had the parts I needed, I'd hate to have a machine in the shop waiting for warranty repairs. <p>good luck. e-mail for specific questions. I am from Springfield, by the way.<p>GEO
  3. VWBug61083

VWBug61083 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I don't own a Lesco (i have an eXmark), but I know a guy who has 2 Lesco 36' in w/ the Kawasaki (not sure which one), but he hasn't had any rpoblems with his in the 3 years he has had them, and he does 150 lawn a week with them.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Scott,<br>Whatever you do, try out a few different mowers from the distributors in your area. Each has different features but you are the guy putting out the $$$ to walk behind it. If you find more than 1 that you like then its time to check up on warranty, service turnaround time, loaner mowers when yours is broke. All these things are more important than price in my book. BTW there are alot of us firefighters that do this, its like therapy to me. Good Luck.
  5. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2 48's and a 36' all three are about two years old. i have had no problems with them. The new 48's have a 15hp twin Kawi on it. Most other brands have a 14 on it. The 15hp twin Kawi is a bear, it has so much power. For the price you can't beat Lesco's. But stay away from the Viper, the ZTR, its a real piece of garbage..
  6. fireman scott

fireman scott LawnSite Member

hey everyone, thank u all for your responses..i really do appriciate it...i have been demoing mowers for a few weeks..i really like ex-mark, and the lesco wasnt bad either..especially the price...i always ask them about my down time..if they cannot provide a loaner, then i take my business elsewheres...hope everyone is having a great spring...have a great weekend and a week ahead....<p><br>scott --- nashville tennessee.