1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metro36, Oct 8, 2006.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have heard so much about lesco and never been in a store. Tommorrow I will be going to my local store. My question is are their prices on stuff like green barrels and hand tools good? Should I shop around some more? Also do they still sell walk behind leaf blowers?

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not sure how there prices compare on everything. If you go to there website and enter your zipcode, it will show your local lesco store.......products and prices (i think). In my area.....I really like my lesco.....I havent found another store (local) that sells that kind of supplies

3. metro36

Any Body know how their prices compare?
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well you can compare prices on everything and then spend all day driving all over town getting stuff or you can shop at one place that has what you need, some things are cheaper some things are more expensive, but you only have ONE stop and you can get back to work.

Many Items lesco sells are not truely "lesco" they are either just sold there or are painted green and have a lesco stickers on them. I'd say the fertilizers are the exception but I heard a rumor this summer that VPG is making Lesco fertilizers now for them.

I think you may have to have a lesco "account" to see YOUR prices on the website. If you don't have an account they list MSRP or high retail proces, often times those numbers will scare you. For accurite prices CALL your local Lesco and find out.

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

One of our commercial accounts is a Lesco store. They are not always the cheapest in price, but they are helpful and very knowledgeable.
  6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Prices are comparable to everybody else. Mowers are definitely cheaper, as they buy/sell direct from the manufacturer. Walk behind blowers are basically Little Wonders painted green. They used to be higher $$ than everyone else, but have since dropped the price. Their fert is top notch, and an outfit called Turf Care Supply makes it for them. They sold their factories to them last year.
    Lesco basically sells everything but trucks and trailers, plows and snow blowers. Thier push fert spreaders are the best on the market. The rest of their equipment is pretty good too.
  7. metro36

Well I went today. Their prices were good. I looked at walk behinds and backpack blowers. There stuff was pretty nice. My only complaint was that the whole place was chock full of fert and all of the equipment was in between pallets so I had to walk around a lot of stuff to look at different 3equipment. My question is are they all that way?
  8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Mine has an equipment area and the fert is in another area of the building

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Ours is that way.....they have never even tried to sell us equipment in 20 years that I have been doing business with them. Once a year I get something in the mail about equipment sales but that is it.......equipment sales are very low.