Lesco

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JRSlawn, Jun 14, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone had problems with lesco. I have been trying ge a couple bags of grannual iron and 2 back pack sprayers for 3 weeks now. Every time I call I ask do you have them they say know then I ask do you know when they will be in and I get another no. I was just on the website and it say they have 10 bags of iron and 8 back pack sprayers. I love lesco dont get me wrong but what do Ido about getting my products.

Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Where are you? We had minimal problems with them at my last job....

3. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use the lesc out of akron, Ohio

4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

lesco sucks!!!

I hate to be so blunt, but its how i feel. The typical answer we used to get was, "the restock diliveries come on thursday."

we'd go there first thing friday expecting....you know, service! then we'd here, "sometimes they send a restock truck on tuesday, try back then."

okay, sure, guess we'll just sit around watching eachother getting older, huh??

PROUD to say I am LESCO FREE...and have been for months now. I have given them every chance under the sun. We spend a fair amount of $$$ on product, so iuts their loss, not mine

5. mr scag

mr scag LawnSite Member
    from n e oh

orderd carrier for my pg didnot show up till late april was extremely peed off

6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Asking TSM about lesco is like asking me about Perma green

7. I had a few problems with Lesco. Specifically when it came to pricing fert.

Its understandable that I would need to haggle with them over the products I want to offer. But I don't want to play games to get the best price.

A specific example was a product I wanted 8 bags of, and I asked for the best price. They offered me $13.50. I found a similar product for $9.00 down the street, and bought it. When Lesco guy sees it in my work van, he got upset that I didn't give him the chance to meet the price.

I don't want to play "I will match the best price you can find" game. Give me your best price and if your $4.50 more a bag then the next guy, we won't do business.

8. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

LOL, yep!!! :)

9. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

This just goes to show you how different companies have different experiences.
    I like doing busines with Lesco, I like the service center (although I rarely go-they deliver), I like the guys working there, and the prices I get are comparable to or better than other distributors.

10. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

So TSM,

Who are your preferred vendors now?
    I use Charlie Grace quite a bit.
    His prices are always reasonable and the service is perfect.
    His guy is there when he says he'll be (When I ask for it)

I would like to find another co for chemicals though. That's not really Charlie's thing.