Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Patriots, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Anyone use it - and what do you think? Have heard that a lescogran/Fuselade mix is the way to go - but it can get expensive. Just wondering what other people have had luck with to control turf and bed weeds.
  2. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Lescogran is basagran. It's pretty good on nutsedge and a few others. Be careful on leaf surfaces. It can be pretty hot and scorch some T & O foilage.
    Combined with Fusilade, you stand to get Grasses too. Follow the label, especially on mixing the two. If you mix the concentrates together you might come up with Jello.
  3. bubba7728

bubba7728 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have used lescogran on nutsedge and had great results
  4. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

I've used it to battle heavy thistle in beds, mixed w/ prosecuter. Worked great on everything in there.
  5. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

ummm, what's the ai in prosecutor? Glyphosate? No wonder it worked well....

I mean, what are you truying to control and in what type of plants, and what have you tried?

6. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

Lotta times thistle burns up alittle w/ straight prosecutor. But add lescogran and it dies quick and completly. Hard to kill Canadian Bull Thistle.
  7. ForeverGreen

ForeverGreen LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Youll never "kill" a thistle Canadian Russian or Bull with any type of roundup, they are a few of mother natures perfect weeds The rootstock can be massive and GLY simply will not translocate to take out the growing points. Suppression for a month or three perhaps and this may be good enough but "kill" as in eliminate just does not happen. A specific application of a Stinger or Lontrel (same ai) will suppress the best but thistles especially Canadian will come roaring back. Have seen rootstock in fieldtile 4 feet deep and hundreds of feet long. The ratio of above ground portion to below ground is just too lop sided. Good Luck