1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco's days are limited.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Williams Services, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

19-0-6 .10% dimension at Lesco here - they charge me $29 a bag ... about $16 for pre-m. I'm a decent customer of Lesco's but they give me no satisfaction on price. The service isn't there, either - the good ones go away to do something else, the bad ones go to work for TGCL and we're left with the in between transition time. That's why I'm looking for other suppliers. BWI won't call me back - they must not be interested. I'm looking at another local supplier, who I'm supposed to meet with on Wed. Any other suggestions?
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I purchased what I hoped to be my last Dimension supply for the season in the same formulation that you mentioned. They charged me $16.43 a bag....I would be pissed if I were you!!! :angry:
  3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I can get 17-2-5 with .10 dimension for 12.20 a bag at Helena. Try them I get great customer service.
  4. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Find you local JD Landscapes and they will beat the &ell out of Lesco prices. My chem cost are down 30% since the switch.
  5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Definately check JD, also double check your prices with Shemin's, especially if you buy plant material there. They might work with you.
  6. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

I know Helena is all over SC, I'll call them ... they carry Lebanon, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if we have a Shemin's or JD around here, but I will check. Seeing as how I'm doing nothing but apps now, it's in my best interests to bring chem costs down.
  7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of curiosity, why are you doing the 2 step? That's sorta funny between Rick and Dennis on price. I got quoted 13.40 for that product. And $19.80 15-0-15 .22 dim.
  8. lawn dawg

lawn dawg LawnSite Member

Do you have that Drive for me from last December yet?
    Or at least a refund?
  9. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Wow !!! you guys are taking a beating on price..... Hows $8.67 per bag is all we pay.

I would get a better price OR find a new supplier.... :angry:
  10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

My local Lesco dealer gets $26.30 for the 50-lb. bag of Dimension, which is purported to cover 12,000 square feet. I assume you are all giving prices for the same bag. Yes?