Lesco's -- Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Mowman, Jun 13, 2000.

1. The Mowman

The Mowman LawnSite Member

I work for a guy that runs two 48" Lesco hydros. Just wanted to know what you thought about them. Thanks
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've run a 48 lesco belt for over four years now. it was well used when I bought it. for me, if it didn't crank in the morning, I'd still swear by it!<p>this doesn't answer your question about lesco hydros but I've looked at them.<p>the 48/52 17/19 horse hydro floater for $3499/$3699 looks like a viable option to me. but you are gonna have to get past the MTD clone comments. I'd check out my lesco dealers service department before I buy.<p>but, when I buy, I'm gonna' look all of the local dealers brands.<p>good luck.<p>GEO
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Geo's definetly right on this one! You have to look at the dealer too, no matter what brand your buying. I know the Lesco servie center in Wtby, CT gurantees zero downtime on any lesco equipment that they are servicing. (wich means they'll loan you a piece while they have yours) That would be a good time to test a ZTR out if you don't have one!! <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

thanks for that info, Guido!<p>I really appreciate my lesco mower but, I'm not so sure the dealer here will provide top notch &quot;after the sale&quot; support.<p>I probably shouldn't even bring it up because I didn't buy new from them so I can't say for sure. Idunno. this one bugs me!<p>GEO