Lesco's Momentum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by overrated, Feb 18, 2004.

1. overrated

overrated LawnSite Member

I have gotten prices from my lesco dealer before and there was never a price this insane. He was not the guy I normally talk to.
    He clams it to do with the natural gas prices. Now i know this varys from state to state but has anyone ever paid $27.45 for a bag of Momentum spreads 13,500 sq ft. If i were applying this and spot spraying it would run me about 2.33 per thousand.

2. overrated

I do understand that natural gas is to make the fertilizer before any of you guys lecture me on fertilizer and natural gas.

3. MN Wildwood

MN Wildwood LawnSite Member

I could be missing something, but lesco's Momentum is a Liquid Herbicide, not fertilizer.
  4. overrated

It is the granual 50 pound bag
    I have used the liquid before to but have swicthed to three way select.
  5. j-sin

j-sin LawnSite Member

only Lesco Momentum ive ever seen was liquid herbicide
  6. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

3 years ago I purchased any type of fertilizer for around 15.00 a 50# bag. Last year it jumped up to 29.00 a bag. This is straight fertilizers.......unbalanced of course, but I have seen the combination products soaring this season. The more people are demanding it..........the costs will stay in the ranking.
    I don't like things any more than you do but if all i was paying is 2.33 per K on my liquid mixtures, consider it a blessing. I am one of many this is forced to raise my cost or go under.
  7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Don't use weed and feed. Straight fert plus the liquid version works quite well.
  8. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

How many bags of Momentum W&F were you looking for? Also, how much do you spend annually with JDL? I'm not asking to be rude but quantities play a big role in price. I have no idea how much you spend (it could be $100k or more for all I know) but if you buy less than a pallet per round and were only looking for a couple bags, the price you were given sounds about right.

Next question: Why are you looking for Weed & Feed during the first week of April? I suppose your situation in Ohio could be different from mine in NY, but if broadleafs are just starting to pop but aren't really actively growing the way they would be in May, it's probably a waste of money and chemical to spread Momentum across entire lawns. Instead, I'd suggest focusing on a fertilizer with pre-emergent and just spot-spraying broadleafs if you really need to.
  9. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

or $35 / bag - JW, the customers here are hollering about the dandies poping up - try to tell them its due to the early high temps and such but they just want them gone.
  10. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

Lesco now JDlandscapes sucks. I wanted to buy a 1/2 pallet over the phone and would not give me a price. Screw them. Been a customer for 9 years and no more. Gone to Southern States now.