1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco's mower sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Oct 15, 2002.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have not been to Lesco lately, I went to one of their locations today and while i was waiting, I saw they had 48" 17 kaw E/S hydros for $3399!! Their other mowers were also on sale, but i dont remember for sure prices.

Just to give lesco some due props, they were VERY helpful.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

When I was at Lesco today they have a 60" Z for under $6000. I forgot the exact number, but it was very low.
  3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Maclawnco , whats does E/S mean for the Lesco WB?
  4. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

e/s stands for electric start.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, the 60" 25 kaw is $5999 i believe. Dont remember for sure since Im set on a DC or eXmark.
  6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have demoed the Lesco 48" e/s 17 Kawi. IMHO it would be a good backup machine. I chose to buy another Exmark, a TTHP 48" 17 Kawi e/s instead. Happy with it so far. I admit the Lesco price did catch my eye but there were a few areas where Exmark had them beat ,so I passed. This is not to say the Lesco unit is not a good product. I have been all Exmark from the beginning so it would take alot to switch me over.
  7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought my lesco cause i just neesed a new walkbehind to finish out the year with. I wanted an exmark but could not see spending alomst 2k more for just this small amoutn of time. Now i have decided that next spring the lesco will be my new backup or second mower when i get my exmark. I was surprised at how good of a cut it gives.
  8. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

ever since I bought that same mower in 1999, the price has been steadily declining and has been about that much all year. Let me tell you what mine is currenly doing, sitting in the back and not working. I have gone through one deck, numerous problems with the pumps, now it won't start and have realized the best use for it now is to fix it up and sell it. Now I know that it is a 99 unit, but unless they have somehow managed to improve the entire mower a whole lot and cut the price by $600 at the same time since, I would pass.

Oh yeah, other Lesco mower of mine is long gone and the best day I had with it was selling it.
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen these mowers to. I would only say how can they be great machines and be that cheap?

10. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

They are doing their current promotion to get their name out there more. They sell more, we see more, the cycle continues. They won't be on sale for much longer from what I'm told. Those new Z2's seem like good machines.