LESCO'S own ride-on

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i seen a guy using one today (1/2 hr. after my perm-a-green breaks down)
    it looked impressave.
    any of you guys have and use them?
    how are they?
    if i could not get my pg running i think i would have got one today..
    ant

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Lesco's is just a spreader. It does not spray, but it is cheaper.

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Ant,

I have a PG cetri, a lesco ride-on and a z-spray (Z-max).
    PG just completely rebuilt the centri for me and the other machines are under a year old.
    Each of them has advantages.
    The centri (now that it runs properly) is ok for small FENCED IN properties.
    The lesco while it omly sprays will go place that neither of the other two could ever handle. It hangs on to hills like a mountain goat!
    The z on the other hand does it all EXTREMELY WELL.
    My advice would be to order the smaller z if you have lots of gated properties.
    It will cost a few more $ but well worth it.

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The lesco machine is the HPS. We purchased one last spring and a second unit two weeks ago. We have a sprayer mounted on one so we can spray from the unit itself! As bob said (pilgrims pride) The lesco machine can handle rough terrain and it's built like a tank! The best thing about lesco is the equipment (lawn care) is simple and strong. If i did not have my kubota set up the way she is,i could service our athletic fields with the hps no problem! Demmo one, you will like it!

5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I checked one out two days ago and was impressed with the build quality and with the simplicity of the controls...

6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I steered away from it because the paddle is driven by ground speed.That means pulling a hill will narrow the paterrn and effect the rates. I had the same set up with my pull behind earth way. Didn't see and real advantage to this machine. Not to mention it doesn't spray. My 2 cents