Lesco's Website

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by brunosplace, Apr 30, 2005.

1. brunosplace

brunosplace LawnSite Member

I have heard a couple of good things about Lesco's mowers, so today I went to the companies website to do a little research on the equipment, but lo and behold, no information, just a link to buy them online. I prefer to do my preliminary information gathering on the company website before going to the dealers so I know what is offered and what I think will work for me without having salemen pushing me to buy what they need to move off the floor.

So why can't I find any info about the equipment on the website? ;)

2. VSaint

VSaint LawnSite Member

No idea, I was told by Dave in East Syracuse, "It is so we get you to come into the store." Was he honest sure. Is it lousy, you bet!

3. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Truth is, we agree with you that our Website isn't up to snuff. We're working very hard right now to redesign the product catalog section of the Website to provide you w/ more information. We expect to have these improvements made this summer. If you want to send me your address (rwest@lesco.com), I'll get you a copy of our mower brochure right away w/ all of the info you need.

But please know that we're not trying to trick or force anyone to go into the local stores. Sure, we want as many folks as possible to visit one of our locations, but we want to serve your needs whenever possible. We were not one of the first companies to create a Website, so we're still playing catch up.

And we made the strategic decision to build out full e-commerce capability as soon as possible to increase the convenience we offer customers. Now you can order online via www.lescodirect.com 24 hours a day and have it delivered to you. The customer feedback has been great.

Hope this explanation helps -- let me know if you have any additional questions.

Bob

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I have one, why can't the brunswick Oh. store tell me the price of a salt spreader? Been waiting almost 6 months and yes I have been reminding them. That shows me a lack of customer support, if lesco don't want my $$$ there are plenty of co. that do.

5. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Sorry for the frustration, Mac -- I don't know why you have had this problem w/ the store, but I assure you that we do want to work w/ you. And I'm surprised you couldn't find the info online. So long as you put your zip code in the box on the top right-hand corner, you should be able to pull up the salt spreaders by going into products then equipment then winter equipment.

Either way, I can tell you that the base prices I see in the system are:
    Mini Load spreader -- $1,100
    Easy Load spreader -- $1,249

These are probalby just rough numbers, but at least they should put us into the ballpark.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions,
    Bob

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Bob
    I did go on line an look at the prices but I was told that they could make me a great deal on a left over model. At the rate its going it will soon become an outdated model.
    Thanks anyway for the reply