Less is more?- I don't think so

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by desert night light, Aug 13, 2006.

1. desert night light

desert night light LawnSite Member
    from AZ

I read some of these articles in the trades that say less is better when it comes to low voltage and they talk about over lighting. I disagree. I agree with unique and gambino who say you need alot of fixtures (low wattage) to achieve a better result. I think it's really hard to over light much easier to under light. everybody has a different opinion on brightness. I just think that if it is just right when your finished it's gonna be too dim later on when the lamps start to depreciate and dirt and foliage covers the lenses. I'd rather have it a bit bright to start and have it settle in to just right over time. But that's just me.

2. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

I think it depends on the application. I've seen a project where 5 small birch trees had 4 flood lights a piece on them....needless to say, that lighting contractor is nowhere to be found now.

3. desert night light

from AZ

Needless to say I'm sure that 4 lights per tree is the reason they're nowhere to be found now. perfect logic, makes sense to me.

4. extlights

It's because he/she was a hack contractor. Squeeze the customer for all they have and put lights in rediculous spaces. It does make perfect sense. Someone not knowing what they are doing....crappy work....screwing customers....and *poof* they're gone.

5. desert night light

from AZ

unfortunately what you say is not true. plenty of scammers out there who have a gift for gab, good marketing techniques. They may not get repeat business but do real well on duping the unsuspecting. There are plenty of unknowledgable homeowners to go around. there always has been always will be it's the law of the jungle.

6. extlights

Sounds like you know first hand...

7. desert night light

from AZ

yes I speak from experience and have done very well as a result thank you.