Less mowing - more landscape maintenance?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How many are doing less mowing and more landscape maintenance this year due to the low amounts of rain fall? I know I am ... the amount of mowing is way down, as I am not about to mow dry, burnt up lawns just because someone is on contract (agreement) with me!

More pruning, clearing, cleaning, mulching etc., ... less riding around on the mower!

How about you guys?
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Actually it's been raining here so much that I've been doing twice as much of mowing & landscape maintenance. It's just now starting to dry out now though so I'm sure that will change.
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well I am trying to get more maintenance jobs. Been trying to push mulch installs. I've been doing quite a bit of hand weeding and some shrub maintenance. Cleanups here and there, cutting up and removing a downed tree here and there, a few mulch installs, etc. Good thing because nearly all my weekly cuts are bi-weekly right now due to this stupid drought.
  4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

We've slowed down too on the mowing side and are doing more Clean-ups than i'd like to take. But its Money. Sure could use the rain to.
  5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Yea its all dry here the only green lots are irrigated lots. The rain just missed us yesterday! I am doing a lot of hedge trimming, pruning and mulching jobs.
  6. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

no sir, everything here is irrigated, and we have no water restrictions. lots of mowing and plenty of other maintinance.
  7. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

In georgia we had months with no rain and now we have to much so some yards ever week and some every ten days TOOO busy