1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Less than four apps?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DaleL, Aug 16, 2003.

1. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Try nitroform 40-0-0 @ 3# N/ 1000 and you can get away with one application a year. Just a thought!

2. nitrofrom or uf is 38-0-0

3. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Regal Chemical sells a nitroform 40-0-0 thank you very much.

4. Funny,

My bag from regal chemical is 38-0-0
    11.4% other water soluble n
    26.4% water insoluble n

Nutralene is a 40-0-0
    thanks very much

5. Eeven better yet 49-0-0 46% water souluable urea you want green this is it...

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

way to hot

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

look, i can get by on 3-4 apps too, provided everything else is done to the letter ex: watering, aeration, etc. but, since this will almost never happen, its much easier to sell a fert program, with 6 apps, get pre paid, and not have to deal with the customers negligence, or mother nature.

8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

It's all in perception, some people want nice and green in early summer and no weeds, they don't care about a thorough service. Sell them what they want. Others want the whole program. I'm in this to make money,anyway possible. If another company wants to turn them away, great, more money for me. I charge more for less than 5 apps and tell them upfront there is NO guarantees at all. It's working for me.

9. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

Thanks to you all! You've been gracious to share this info with me and others...

DaleL

10. turf78

turf78 LawnSite Member

Keep annual rate of N/M at the level the turf you are working on needs. For the people that are putting down more than 4 lbs of N/M on cool season turf I hope you are working on hyprid bluegrass lawns. Be aware of you soils "salt index".