let he who is without sin, cast the first stone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 2, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was buying some mulch the other day. i got to talkin with the owner about stuff that's been going down around here, the state issuing fines for paying workers under the table. i did not agree with the way things were happening, he, on the other hand, ranted and raved about how he's so glad they are busting these guys, there are too many guys operting on the sly, and in the meantime, while we were having this conversation, he says, "how are you paying today?" i said , "cash." he said, "need a reciept?" i said , "no." so as he's going on about all the illegal operators, he conveniently slips the $40 bucks into his pocket.....instead of into the cash register.....

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This begs the question... why would you not get a reciept???

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was buying the mulch....for my own house:angel:

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is kind of wierd that he would do that

5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, It's always the guy who complains and bitches that is usually the first one to do the very thing he's complaing or bitchin about. Like I always say " he who lives in a glass house shall not throw stones" and " should always change clothes in the cellar":D

6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

CASH IS GOOD. I like it.

7. EastProLawn

I would have still asked for the receipt, just to bust his chops.

8. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

bobby bobby should have got the rec how in world does the man know its going to be installed at your house and not another job

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LMAO I would love to have seen the look on his face if you did that

(Reaches into his pocket, sticks the money back in the register and then hands you a receipt)

10. EastProLawn

Bobby, the next time you go back to that place, you should say to him " hey I don't me to be a pain, but I really need a receipt for the mulch I picked up the other day" " my accountant really got on my azz, so if you have any extras laying around I'll take those too"