Let it snow!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Blizzard warning in affect for tonight there saying we can get up 18''. I will take a bunch of pics tonight or tomorrow when it stops.. It just started to come down now. Snapped a few pics earlier today, already got the spreader loaded and tucked away in the shop with the t190.

Snow pictures 002.jpg

Snow pictures 004.jpg

Snow pictures 007.jpg

Snow pictures 006.jpg

Snow pictures 011.jpg

2. mrsops

A few more pics.. Got the snow buckets all ready to go. Also a long shot of the yard..

Snow pictures 003.jpg

Snow pictures 012.jpg

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You need bigger plows for those skids Sops.:)

4. stuvecorp

The Takkie dealer has trucks set up just like your International. I am more and more liking International.

5. mrsops

If this snow is heavy like there saying plows arent gonna do nothing. I got a few front end loaders making passes first

6. mrsops

Stuve the international is a nice truck i had a few little problems with it but nothing crazy. Its got an awesome air ride seat it in. I hate the dam mirrors thou there always shaking all over the place. My ford dumps i feel are built heavier but you feel like your in a truck when your in the international.. Best truck we have i must say is the f-650 with the contractor bed that truck can take a beating

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Good luck we are dodging the bullet up here in Maine as they are only calling for 1-3"

8. mrsops

Wow its probably just missing you.

9. stuvecorp

Yeah, you just can't beat a wheel loader in snow plowing. I love plowing with the skid but when you get too much snow the skid can be a little helpless.

I would say the same thing about the Kodiak, it is no frills. Once I get a 550 I would really think about getting a International low pro with a 12' contractors box, I think it could handle pulling a mini and skid but still get in tight areas. For the next year I think I'm keeping the Kodiak until I really need a tri, I am looking for a steerable air lift to get more capacity on the Kodiak.

You working on a bigger dump truck yet?

10. mrsops

Been working on the bigger truck for a while .. Had a good price on a 2008 volvo left over 120,000 and it was an automatic just what i was looking for. Also got a good price on a mack.. Hopefully we can pull the trigger some time next year when we start going full blast all over again.. Stuve my hook lift truck the ford f-750 that was suppose to be an international but they wanted 5,000 more and they wouldnt match fords price so we went with the ford