Let me ask another blower question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R&GSweeping, Feb 19, 2001.

1. R&GSweeping

R&GSweeping LawnSite Member

I'm going to buy my first backpack blower. I'm going to stick with Shindaiwa as I have bought their products in the past and I'm very pleased. The EB480 seems to be the quiet choice. But the EB630 seems to be the popular choice. Heres my question: Eb480 69dba the EB630 75dba. Is that really that much of a difference? I need to be quiet as possible at 2am especially when I'm sweeping a store in a residential neighborhood. My truck makes enough noise on its own without the blower adding to it. But I need the power during the day for lawn maintenance. Suggestions???

Ron

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Get the eb630. If your concerned about noise at night time, just don't run it full blast. I have a eb630, and it's got lots of power. The machine is loud, I always were ear protection.

3. I know its hard to switch brands. I have always been partial to Shindaiwa and have most of there stuff. Get the 630 if you can't fathom switching. However, if you want the most quiet and most power you will have to choose the Echo PB46LN Backpack. Noise was the issue for me also, and Echo wins hands down. Some brands just have better R&D in certain tools. Too deal with the weight, get yourself some of those seat-belt shoulder pads that fit around the seat belt of your car and put them on the shoulder straps of the blower. The extra padding will take some of the burden of weight off.
    Just my 2 cents.
    P.Y.S.