Let me give you boys a little tip

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrbenfer, Jul 12, 2003.

1. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

dont ever touch the exhaust on your mowers. heh.

wasnt looking at what i was doing when i was loading up the mower and burned the tips of all 4 of my fingers :( my Buddie says i might need skin graphing lol....

2. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

Your Pressure Washer

YEEEOOUUUHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

a good reminder that the exhaust is hot.....put a cone on your trailer and let it fall against it. makes a nice orange mess all over everything

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

motorcycle exhausts on the legs are pretty cool too!:rolleyes:

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i touched a spark plug on a 3.5 hp edger the other day by accident.....i felt the electric current go from my finger tip all the way to my toes.....never felt anything that painful before. at least i can still move all my limbs

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

A 21" mower?

7. No bob, he was pushing his 60" ZTR that broke down 2 hours ago........Still trying to figure out how he burnt his fingers...

I sure hope he wasn't trying to push a self propelled mower up the trailer.

2 years ago I went to push one of the back pack blowers further in the truck and found the exaust pipe with the tip of my finger.

8. twippingbillie

twippingbillie LawnSite Member

I touched the muffler on my Toro with the back of my hand and I heard a sizzle noise. My first thought was that I probably left a little bit of skin on the muffler. I looked at my skin and it was all there. It was the sweat on the back of my hand that saved me!

In a separate incident....

I was loading a 21" in the back of a minivan right after I finished cutting. I went down to grab the mower and set it halfway in the van. I got a hold of the mower this time with one hand on the round muffler and didn't let go until it was all the way in for fear of hurting the van that wasn't mine. Not hurt too bad so its all OK.

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My former partner grabbed the muffler of our wb edger and burned most of the skin off his palm. Ouch.

:D

10. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I was leaning down trying to secure it to trailer and posted my left hand on the exhaust to support myself. ( not looking at what my hand was touching at the time.) 36'' toro