1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"let me pay you THREE MONTHS in advance!"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 16, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

thought about you gentlemen yesterday, as i was signing up 2 new clients. we were going over the service agreement, and i was explaining to him every detail. when we got to the payment guidelines, i pointed out that PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE ON TIME. being april 15th, he would have to give me a check today representing his first payment, then by may 1st, his second payment is due. he looks me square in the eye and goes, "well, how bout i just give you the first 3 months payments right now, to be sure i'm not late." i said, "yup, that'll work." then i thought of you guys as i folded my check, stuffed it in my pocket, and thanked him for his business, "wow, that was easy. how on earth, can those guys not do this :confused: "

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have a collection of hundred dollar bills.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one res. client that pays me for the entire year in advance. Too bad they all dont do that. And my largest com. client ($180,000) per year is on a 12 month pay schedule , so I get 4 months in advance before we ever set foot on the property.
  4. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I have had a majority of clients pay up front for this year already. Great to have that cash on hand.
  5. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

From one client you get $180,000? I just can't compehend how much work that would be. Really makes me feel like one of the little guys!
  6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

That one job would be all the work i need :dizzy:
  7. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think you're always thinking of us.:confused:

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

One residential that pays you 180k a season jeez man we grew a tater last season that was so big we cut it open and it had three little ones inside.:dizzy:
  9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of account would this be???? I'm sure everyone would like to know!!!:hammerhead:
  10. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

the answer is a simple one and YOU have said it a million times. Lawnboys fold up like accordions when "asking" for payment. Its a fear of breaking the deal, i guess.