Let Me Tell Ya Bo !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfer, Jul 14, 2000.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

My 36 fits through all my gated yards. Alot og guys around here have 48's and they need to get them through a 40 inch gate so 2 guys lift one side up and push it through.... i dont think you can do this alone!

2. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

thats where a hydro comes inhandy

3. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Hydro, and most backyards I service have gates 36&quot; or less. I can't tip the darn thing by myself so I'll have to use my 21 in backyards until I either a) begin to hire labor service, or b) invest in a 32&quot; machine for use in backyards. <p>Both are possibilities within the year. :)<p>-TGC

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

get an ols used 32 incher... theres was 2 of them at tradin times for 350 each... even has pictures of them and they look to be in good condition.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

You&quot;ll be an expert with that machine in a couple weeks. Two years from now you&quot;ll be looking at ztr's and your wife will wonder were its going to end.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

TGC, I know I posted this somewhere before, I just can't remember where but why not install a wider gate if this is a steady customer of yours. Its cheaper then a new mower!! Try to work something out with the customer where you'll donate your labor if they pay for the materials. Its a lot safer than tipping a machine too!! Hope it all works out, sounds like your on track!<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

7. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, Guido, that might be a possibility down the road as well. As you know, I don't get enough $$$ from the customers I have now to offer *anyone* a free service like a gate upgrade or a pulled weed at this point, but as the new pricing plan continues to go into effect I might just offer that sort of thing to the lucky customers who stick around with Cummings Lawn and Garden for the long haul.<p>(How was that for a run-on sentence?)<p>For now, I'll use that 21&quot; and start considering the purchase of a 32&quot; as early as next spring. <p>Or, heck, I might just let go of anyone who has a gate of 36&quot; or smaller and isn't paying a premium of at least $35/hour. When you think about it, aren't they just costing me money now anyway... ;)<p>-TGC

8. Bassman

Bassman LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, turfer. Glad to hear you are liking the new mower. I'm 48 yrs old and havn't had too much of a problem with this work,(yet). I've just started full time. I picked up a couple accounts with gated rear yards app. 40&quot; wide. I'm doing them with my 22&quot; Toro push mower but thinking about loading up an old snapper 36&quot; riding mower for these jobs. I have room on my trailer. What do you guys think? Would it save enough time to be worth the trouble? These are just 1/4 avre properties. My main mower is 52&quot; ztr and won't fit thru gates.

9. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Congrats on your move up. You will be very happy with the 12.5 Kaw. I had one on a 52&quot; Toro and when I sold it the hour meter was around 2000. It is still cutting a residential lawn today.