Let's all have some fun, and design our perfect mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TClawn, Nov 7, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

infact, lets design two, a walkbehind, and a Z. list all the features you would like and how to do it. lets try to be sort of realistic (no flying saucer mowers allowed :) ).

I will add my post on my perfect mowers later, as right now, it could turn out only sleightly shorter than "churchills history of english speaking peoples" .

so lets hear about your dream mower, along with all the attachments you would want on it. you Z can either be front or mid mount any size deck/frame. same goes for the walkbehind, any deck size.

don't be constrained by the simply conventional methods of building mowers, when you think of a mower, think of the job(s) you want it to do, then figure out how you will do it. for instance, if I wanted a very light mower, I could trim the weight off by having the frame composed of composites, instead of steel (which if steel prices go the way they are, it will probably be cheaper to use the composites anyway).
  2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Okay chris I want a simple 36" with a 3in1 3 blade deck with a single hydro unit and a 16 hp briggs els.
  3. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

A conventional Z or walk behind with some sort of rechopper that will turn soggy 8 inch tall grass into a fine undetectable mist at reasonable mowing speed. Not a trace of residue under the worst conditions is what I want:D
  4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

My perfect mower is someone else operating it:p
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

that would be the opposite of my deere 997 then....lol.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would like a hydro WB, NO BELTS used at all in the system. Not for the pumps, or deck. I don't have to worry about bagging or clumps. Easy to change push button electric height adjustment
  7. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to see an electrically operated OCDC.
  8. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Automatic blade sharpeners!

Just put it in sharpen mode while crossing a parking lot on the way back to the trailer.

One-touch pitch, level. and hieght of cut adjuster and calibration!
  9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

lazer cutting and electric
  10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i want a toro walkbehind that the electric clutch lasts for more than 2 years.transmission belts that adjust themselfs and wheel belts that dont selfdestruct when wet.