1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lets get colorado going

Discussion in 'Network: West' started by Diablo, May 30, 2006.

TYTILIDIE LawnSite Member

Flooded with competition. Everyone's right hand man has quit to start their own business to collect the big checks for themselves. Over the last five years I have seen at least 30 companies come and go. Just wondering how I am still here. We are actually doing pretty damn good. Cash flow is starting to be there, our name is gaining strength finally, have three trucks going, not too bad at all. Employees have been the absolute worst over the past year though. Had some theft go on, quitters, liars, idiots.....oh the joys!!
  2. ostrichsak

ostrichsak LawnSite Member

3. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

What up y'all not from Colorado but thinking about moving to Estes park... Little small town but gotta love it
  4. ModernImageLandscape

ModernImageLandscape LawnSite Member

Any of you Colorado guys still running around on here. My company is based in Grand Junction
  5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes denver Metro
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. ModernImageLandscape

Nice. IS there anybody from the west side of the mountain? I'm in Denver quite a bit throughout the year visiting family. Maybe one of these trips I'll have to swing by and meet some of you guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lunch meet up would be nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. ModernImageLandscape

Ya for sure. I'll be in Denver this month but will be swamped while I'm there. Maybe next time I'm over if work allows, I'll swing in.

TERRADESIGN LawnSite Member

do any of you know where I can hire reliable workers this season? Finding good quality workers these days can be very hard. Are there any recommendations or should I just continue to sub out all my work ? :)
  10. brent20

brent20 LawnSite Member

Seems like finding good workers is hard. Out of everyone we hired last year, not a single one stayed on past a few months. They either are lazy, or one of those guys that can't hold a job past 3 months even if they are halfway decent. The one good guy we had ended up moving to Walden for a job in drilling.