1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Let's get the FACEBOOK LIKES rolling

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasshopperslawn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Hey everyone!...if ya wouldn't mind hitting my page with a "like", I wouldn't mind returning the favor!

Posted via Mobile Device
  2. elitetc

elitetc LawnSite Member

like my page and Ill do it back
  3. sweetcutgrass

sweetcutgrass LawnSite Member

4. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

5. stephen@freedom

stephen@freedom LawnSite Member

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I've previously explained why I think this is a bad (read: terrible) marketing strategy. With the thread now at 24 pages, I'm genuinely curious...does anyone have a legitimate reason why this mutual Liking is a good strategy?
  7. bill1500

bill1500 LawnSite Member

It's better with your personal page. Otherwise the "likes" won't show.
  8. bill1500

bill1500 LawnSite Member

I did a little testing by making a "fake" personal page without liking any pages I typed in lawn along with my area. What came up was my business page at the top, along with a couple others from my area. My page only has around 40 likes, but the others had 5 or 10. The more likes you have, the greater chance of being at the top when a search is done. If people use Facebook to find a company like they would Google, why would you not make a page and get as many likes possible? It's probably the best/only way to get people to see your company info without you spending a dime.
  9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Because those inflated Likes significantly dilutes your marketing pool? Would you run a print ad if you knew your newspaper would only deliver it to 5% of the houses, while assuring you that half of those 5% would be fellow LCOs?
  10. bill1500

bill1500 LawnSite Member

I don't follow what your getting at. If I have 50 other LCOs that like my page, and only 30 potential customers that like my page they are still seeing what I post. I don't see how it dilutes the marketing pool at all. Besides, what if some of the LCOs have family members in my area that may want work done?

Thread hijacking over, carry on