Let's get the FACEBOOK LIKES rolling

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasshopperslawn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Your comment that I bolded leads me to believe you're under the impression that your status updates/posts go to everyone who Likes your page. It does not.

As for what I'm getting at, and specifically related to your question of dilution, I break it out in comment 180 of this thread. Comment 182 adds to the point. Getting a Share is infinitely more valuable than a Like, so a Like, in and of it's own existence, has inherently very little value.

It's not a thread jack if it pertains to the core of why people think they're doing this in the first place. If people don't have an education or understanding of how the Facebook Pages function, what's the point? It's akin to me starting a thread that says, "Everyone should go out to their backyards, stand on one leg for an hour, and then see if you get any phone calls to your LCO.". 200 people could say, "I'm on it!", but if no one asks the fundamental question of "Wait...why?", what has been gained?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

FB provides analytics right on your page that back up what Tony is getting at - the way Facebook has set up their algorithm, typically less than a quarter of your fans will see your post. As an example, I have just north of 300 fans (people who "liked" my page). I shared a photo Saturday - 35 people saw that post. I changed my cover photo - 12 people saw that post.

So what? Well, you don't get to choose which 10-20% of your followers are the ones who see your stuff. Look at the odds. If most of your fans are other LCOs, odds are good the person in your town looking for your service is missing you... but you're reaching the LCO on the other side of the country. Wasted effort.

You're better off having 50 invested, interested followers than 5000 that don't care. If this wasn't the case you could succeed on FB by buying all your followers on fiverr.com

3. bill1500

bill1500 LawnSite Member

Fair enough. So where do I find this info on who saw it? All I see is the stats for who saw my posts....

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as I know, that info isn't available. All you get is the # of people who see it. You only find out who when they interact with the post (like/share/comment)

5. johnfaria68

johnfaria68 LawnSite Member

Looking good guys and gals some nice facebook pages

6. Krumm

Krumm LawnSite Member
    from CR, IA

7. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

8. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

9. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member