Let's get the FACEBOOK LIKES rolling

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasshopperslawn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Tech experts at Facebook, Google, etc., are not fools.

So they better than anyone, know that none of us has full control on who links to our site. We have some control, but not full control.

Some industry sites have exceptional info that's worth linking to from around the world.

Google, not being a dummy, knows this. So whether they share all their mind or not, what they don't want, are linking campaigns simply for the sake of linking.

Outside of that, local, remote or global, any linking that has a good beneficial reason, is good linking. The good, could, include part of what your wrote. Just depends on what FB page and what someone wants to do with it.

RE Facebook ... mine is Redwood related .... about 2400 likes presently, and growing.

mdvaden FB Link > https://www.facebook.com/REDWOOD FOREST

If you like trees, join-in.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

MD, you quoted my post, but I'm a bit confused about what you wrote, at least in how it pertains to my words, or even this thread. Linking is not Liking. Liking is not linking.

Asking interested people to Like your niche FB Page is 180 degrees different from Bob's Mowing Service of Omaha asking Carl's Mowtopia of Atlanta to inflate his Like count. It does nothing for Bob, other than dilute the carry of his voice.

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL ...

must have read your bold letters as if it was an "n" in there for linking.

Some overlap of principle, but different.

At least I ended on the note of the "good" of your post.

Although, the principle I shared about linking from outside the service area is probably worth including, because it still boils-down to what a company wants to do with it's facebook page. Some may or may not want folks LIKING from outside their service area. I think both options are always worth leaving on the table and letting the registrant pick their option.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I had a guess you missed the "n". lol No problem, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

5. Son and Snow

Son and Snow LawnSite Member

6. yclawncare

yclawncare LawnSite Member

My Facebook page is rather new it is facebook.com/blakeslandscaping
    It has info about our services but also has picture of the day where I put a funny picture on there every morning.

7. KBahrns

KBahrns LawnSite Member

8. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

9. CashinH&P

CashinH&P LawnSite Member

10. robneufeld

robneufeld LawnSite Member