Let's get the FACEBOOK LIKES rolling

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasshopperslawn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. jaec

jaec LawnSite Member

For my business I'll utilize Face book as a "notification platform" were my customers and others can see additional seasonal specials throughout the year (shrubs & hedges trimming specials, seasonal flowers install or new container install specials. I definitely will not utilize it as a chat room or for socializing venue.

2. jaec

jaec LawnSite Member

Have anyone else utilized Facebook in this way for their business? If so, I would like to here your experience with it.

3. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

I will start using it for those reason's as well.

I've only have my page and website up for a short time. My website has a feature so I can quickly write articles and they get directly uploaded to facebook and twitter so I can update my customers on pending snow storms (as they will want to know what the person that plows their driveway thinks the storm will do) and I post up seasonal tips reminding them of things they should call me to do, why they need to be done, ect.

Facebook will never replace having a website but it can help you do some things easier.

4. branchoutshrub

branchoutshrub LawnSite Member

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The OP needs to keep a running list of likes that need to happen

7. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

In order for Facebook to recognize the likes you need to use your personal account. Likes from company pages don't register.

8. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

9. destinlawn

destinlawn LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried Facebook advertising for gaining local Facebook fans? I tried it once for another venture and had some success. I had a $50 ad campaign and saw my likes go up by 30, and "talking about" go from 12 to 45.

10. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

cumon 58 replies i only got 5 likes