Let's go aerator shopping

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by khutch, May 30, 2004.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Time to start budgeting for a fall aerator purchase.
    I just don't want to rent anymore, and haven't been thrilled about the Bluebirds, Ryans and Classens I've used.
    Saw an ad in a trade mag (which I have lost) about a "steerable" type machine which seemed like an improvement over the big 3 mentioned above.
    My purchase would be a stand alone machine (not Z mounted)
    Some pro and cons from aerator users?

2. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

Was the one you were looking at called the PLUGR?

3. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

Plug'r made by Rock Solid is the only way to go. You can knock out about an acre an hour and not even break a sweat. I don't know how I survived without mine.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How much are you wanting to spend? Classen is coming out with a stand-up model. It has a ztr while the spoons are lifted. Goes 4.3 mph and does more than 50K sq ft an hour.

classen walkbehind.jpg

5. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

How much is that baby??

6. smoke johnson

smoke johnson LawnSite Member

forget the classen at 4.5 mph the Z PLUGER is the way to go 8mph very dependable and you can get a spreader mounted on there and overseed at the same time the also have a 20 gallon spray system that will work on the machine. the Zspray and the Zpluger are the best machines out there by far.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am not sure, it wont officially be available until this fall, but I have heard in the tune of $6K.

8. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Can the Z spray and Z plugger be combined into 1 machine?

9. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Who makes the Z Plugger?

10. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The Z plugr is made by Rock Solid I beleive. I was wondering if anyone has used these units commercially and how durable they are. Seem to be quite maneuverable.