Let's hear your revenge fantisies?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Twotoros, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Let's have some fun since most of us are on slack time.

Tell what you would like to do to some of our most
    obnoxious customers ie;slow&nopayers,talkers,cheapstakes,dogpoop yard owners, or what have you.
    No death scenerios please. You may include true cases of revenge if you wish.

This is a true revenge story from last season. An acct I purchased that was to cheap to start dumped me because they found someone cheaper. It was a C-store with lots of banners and junk to mow around. I swung in one day for a pop one time and seen the new mower guys with their worn out sears mowers just as I arrived and witnessed the owner paying this crud a ten dollar bill out of the till . Pretty good for two guys for a half hours work huh! Well the wheels started turning . The next saturday i got up at five a.m. and at six am. drove to this store in my unmarked suv with my fertilizer spreader and 3 20# sacks of ammonium sulfate. The store was open but no owners . I pulled up like I was supposed to be there unloaded my spreader and applied all the fertilizer to the 4k sq ft lawn.
    Yes there was some burn but not much and I enjoyed watching this deep ,lush, dark green turf mowed for the next few weeks because the guys were usually there when I was heading home late Friday afternoons. Stopped once to enjoy the show.
    The sad part here is that I don't feel bad for doing this nor embarassed for telling god knows how many people.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I WONT TELL MINE IN
    CASE I EVER GET MAD ENOUGH
    TO DO IT. B ut I will say the
    fantasy is like a homeowners horror movie.

3. Guest

About 3 years ago I got this account that was decent from flyers. This account came because the people just moved into the house and I guess they didn't know about the landscaper that previously did the house. To make a long story short this landscaper had a good amount of accounts on the block,And was adement about getting it back. He under cut so bad that I know he is definetly losing money on it. I was pissed!!!!!!!!! So in the nursery they sell clover seed, I don't know who uses it but I went and bought alot of it. One nice night in the spring, my girlfriend and I decided to take a walk down this block and as we walked we droped this clover seed down on all of his accounts on this block a total of 9 or 10. Let me tell you this stuff is vicious!!!!!! I can only dream for my grass seed to work like that.To end he doesn't have many on this block anymore...

4. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I leave all revenge to the big man but,,,,,
    I have thought about water balloons filled with
    roundup for a few choice customers!!!

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Fellas I posted here and there is humor.
    But this kind of thinking can be bad.
    To any young fellas out there everybody
    probably thinks it.To do the roundup
    thing would I think be a cowardly act.
    Be man enough to to look a mans eye
    if hes crossed you or leave it alone.
    This is not pointing fingers cause we
    have all thought it.Somthing like that
    could get out hand right quick.
    Alright scrooge will shut up.

6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Amen awm!!! Be a professional, be a MAN. Face to face is the best way to handle beefs with competetors and customers. You will gain respect from others and for yourself. If the outcome is still not what you wanted...move on, there is plenty of work around.

Remember what comes around goes around. Live the Golden Rule and you will be justly rewarded.

I will get off my soap box now.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i say fight "fire with fire". if a person is gonna treat me like garbage, then ill act like garbage. i wouldnt dare do the round up thing, or hurt anyone, but that clover seed sounds great, i think they sell dandilion seeds also. thanks for the idea, if im gonna weed up everyone who ever screwed me, id better get started now, ill be needing a whole truckload!oh, rats, just remembered, this only a fantasy.

8. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't start this thread to be a revenge101 coarse for new guys or anyone and I hope that is not what anyone does. This is meant to vent and amuse. Sorry if it offends . Some of us work in tough low pay economies and don't excel like our counterparts in better parts of the country. We work to be profesional only to be knocked down time and again . We compete against folk that pay no taxes. Fight our customers over a fifty cent raise . Not all of us are on top of the heap looking down. We are in the middle stuck in a community that is hard to excel in. We take crud from the bottom , the top and our own customers. And I for one like to have a little fun with the situation I am in and I think many others would too. I may be wrong.
    So please don't actually nuke someone with round-up. Confront the problem . Get in their face and tell them what you think, growl if you have to or raise your voice.

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Well what I would like to do to my most obnoxious customer (and, not that I would really do it but hey its fun to think about it) pull up to the lawn, drop the deck down to, oh, say a 1/2 inch or so, proceed to scalp the heck out of the lawn making sure to blow plenty of clippings on the house, walks and white Mercedes, then just load up, knock on the door, tip my hat, and sy, "There! Now you have a legitimate beef. And just to show you where my heart is, no charge today!" Then drop the beer can I would be holding at her feet and walk away.