LETS JUST FORGET THE QUSTIONARE. YOU ARE ALL RIGHT!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Jul 15, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

THIS PLAN IS IN THE MAKING I WILL POST FINAL PLAN IN NEXT FEW DAYS.Any ideas or bashing go ahead....:)<p>Pricing plan, for Commercial; maintenance.<br>Extra work<br>(One time deals)<p> Target Labor per hour with machinery (Mow, Edge, weed eat, Blow off, Parking lot Blowing ect.) <p> High target: $60.00 minimum 1 Hour.<br> <br> Low target: $50.00 minimum 1 Hour. <p><br>Target labor per hour without machinery (Raking, Weeding, Planting, Digging)<p>High Target: $40.00 minimum 1 Hour.<p>Low Target: $35.00 Minimum 1 Hour.<p><br>Commercial maitance<br>Grounds maitance<br>(Regular maitance)<br>Target customer with minimum 3 visits per Month (Mow, Edge, Weed eat, Blow off and Parking lot blowing.)<p>Target Pricing: Minimum 50.00 per month (0-15 minute jobs) Included as described above)<p>Other Services<p> High target for Aeration is 4x price per cut. (1 cut 25.00 x 4 = $100.00)<br> Low target for Aeration is 3x price per cut. (1 cut 25.00 x 3 = $75.00)<br> <br> High target for Dethatching is 3x Price per cut. (1 cut 25.00 x3 = $75.00)<br>Low target for Dethatching is 2x Price per cut. (1 cut 25.00 x2 = 50.00)<p><p><p>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: David Hartzog<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

David, on the questionare if you've made $2300.00 plus I would say you were right! I would refine the document some and exclude a few of the &quot;traps&quot; that could screw you.<p>Only comment on aeration is I charge $12.00 per 1000 w/ min 5000 sq sf charge. With overseeding and fert I charge $24.00 per 1000 with same min. Soil test $25.00 and is mandatory.<p>Ray

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

David H - First off, thanks for taking all of that critisism, mine and everyone elses, the right way. I wish some of these other guys would do the same, and understand we're just trying to help. And like Kirby said, the survey had some real good points in it, there was just a couple of lines that would have gotten you in the end, literally!! <p>Those prices look like their right on track! Good Luck!<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Your pricing is in line with what I base mine on. But Im a solo operator, with minimal overhead. How would your pricing reflect on your bottom line? Meaning, I hope your expenses are under 40/hr for manual labor...<p>Bill

5. dave wrote:<p>&gt;Target customer with minimum 2 visits per Month <p>Good luck mowing fertilized turf every 14 days during the rainy season.<p>Also the aeration and dethatching<br>prices should be swapped.<p>What I do since most of the turf in<br>my area is bluegrass is to quote the aeration and dethatching and fertilization as one price.<p>Plus you need a big mower with a bagging system to pick up the thatch. If not and you have to rake thatch in to 45 gal trash cans (the plastic square ones on wheels work best) you better add another 1X to the price.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: lawrence stone

6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Kirby, <br>What do you charge for aerating on a small property that you maintain for a minimum of $25.00 then. As a holder of many small, but well maintained, postage stamps, I will agree with Hartzog on his price. Otherwise I would be charging some $12 for aeration. Oh...I reread your post...min. 5,000ftsq....so that's $60, which is close to Hartzog's minimum of $75. <p>How do you guys add those little faces to your posts ?<p>:p

7. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

David,<p>I'm admiring your efforts concerning your pricing......a few comments.....appreciate how you must arrive at a selling price in our profession....those factors are....direct job costs, overhead recovery, profit= the selling price. In other words, what does it cost you to do the job? Then add profit based on multiple considerations. &quot;Fixed&quot; pricing can kill you in numerous ways....1. not taking advantage of the available MONEYTREES, 2.unknown increases in your business costs and you are locked with standard prices, etc. It would be my preference to set minimum prices on everything you do to qualify the prospective customer PRIOR to wasting your time with them..ie &quot;our minimum pricing for a residential is $150 per month or our minimum for landscaping is $500 or whatever. If they are not budgeted for YOUR numbers, don't waste your time. If they are, go talk to them and find those other moneytrees....and always quote &quot;lump sum&quot;. <p>This is typical of what I see in my consultations where people are trying to hit the ideal rate..and just hoping they'll make a profit...you might as well have a dartboard or use a monkey to pull your pricing out...and you know what monkeys work for, don't you? Too many times, companies charge the going rate, say $25 per hour or whatever and their cost is $24 or higher....guess they figured they could make it up in volume. I definitely like your rates you are targeting for and I would even go higher....but WHAT DOES IT COST YOU TO DO THE JOB? Good luck!<p>Bill Phagan<br>Green Ind Consulting, Inc.

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Stone, he said a minimum of 2 times, that means at least!! ;0<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Jeffyr: smileys are made with a : and a ) put next to each other :)<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

10. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member