LETS PLAY A GAME.......

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FIREMAN, Nov 2, 2000.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

OK SO THIS IS A RIP OFF OF SOMETHING KIRBY DID ON THE LAWN MAINTENANCE FORUM ....BUT IT'LL BE FUN ANYWAY...AND I'M SURE HE WON'T MIND...

PROPERTY....175(FRONTAGE)X 250
    POOL AREA 70X90

INSTALL THE FOLLOWING:
    REAR YARD.....
    1) DIG POND 32X8X4 UNDER A SMALL BRIDGE 8FT. WIDE(ALL BY HAND WITH NO ROOM FOR EQUIPMENT TO EXCAVATE, ONLY MEN, HAND TOOLS AND WHEELBARROWS.
    2) LEVEL AND PREPARE PLANTING BEDS TOTALING 2600 SQ. FT.
    ...TOTAL REMOVED DIRT APPROX 14 CU YDS FOR BOTH POND AND BEDS.............
    3) INSTALL BLUESTONE COPING FOR POND(VERY FORMAL LOOK)18"WIDE...LENGTHS ARE YOUR CHOICE..
    4)PLANT IN PREVIOUSLY PREPPED BEDS....
    260 DWARF ENGLISH BOXWOODS..8-10 INCH(FORMAL HEDGE LAY OUT)
    15 YUCCA FILIMENTOSA(2 GAL)
    14 BLUE RUG JUNIPER(2 GAL)
    6 2.5-3" SARGENT CHEERIES
    60 WINTERGEM BOXWOODS...24-30 INCH
    40 GREEN MOUNTIAN BOXWOODS 24-30 INCH
    6 AMERICAN HOLLY 6-8 FT.
    6 WHITE PINES 6-8 FT.
    4 CANADIEN HEMLOCKS 4-5 FT.
    1 WISYTERIA TREE..TEXAS PURPLE..6-8 FT.
    4 WEEPING ALASKAN CEDARS 6-8 FT.
    8 AZALEAS 5 GALLON

FRONT YARD....
    2 MUGO PINE 36 INCH
    2 DEODORA CEDAR 5 GAL.
    3 SPIRAL JUNIPER 5 GAL.
    1 JAPANESE WEEPING CHERRY...2"
    1 SNOW FOUNTAIN CHERRY..2"
    2 HINOOKI FALSE CYPRESS...(DWARF)
    2 THUNDERHEAED PINES(DWARF)
    1 RED PINE 36IN.
    6 ORNAMENTAL GRASSES
    4 RED BARBERRY
    3 CLIMBING HYDRANGEA
    4 GOLD THREAD CYPRESS
    24 MUMS AND ASTERS

3 20FT DIAMETER TREE RINGS

OTHER ITEMS TOTAL:
    23 YARDS CEDAR MULCH(ALL BEDS)
    8 YARDS SMALL MARBLE CHIPS(AROUND POND)
    17 YARDS TOPSOIL

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK BUT I HAVEN'T TYPED THIS MUCH IN A LONG TIME AND I'M LAZY..ANYWAY MAYBE THIS WILL BE A BIT MORE LIKE WHAT SOME OF US DO....PLEASE INCLUDE LABOR, AND DON'T BE SHY...THERE IS NO ACCESS ANYWHERE FOR A MACHINE, NOT EVEN A MINI SKID(STEVEAIR)....BELIEVE ME I TRIED....I'LL TRY TO SCAN IN A COPY OF THE DRAWING WHEN I HAVE TIME BUT FOR NOW I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE FUN....

2. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

How come I get the finger pointed at me.......

What if I bring a loadall with a 27 ft fork reach and lift my dingo up and over what ever is in the way and drop the dingo in the pool area? (along with a small, mini-mini kubota excavator, and all of the larger plant material).......hehe. You have to figure that if there is a pool back there, then someone was able to get equip. back there at one time, so there's got to be a way.

I'll have to run some numbers, but I would definitely tack on a substantial "pain in the #ss" charge.

One question. Is this all gonna fit on a 175x250 ft lot? I guess the house is really small.

steveair

[Edited by steveair on 11-03-2000 at 11:50 AM]

3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

You mean I can't use a crane to move my equipment in?
    Was thinking of using a crane to move dirt out and equipment in and out. Around here you can rent a crane 50 ton or more for 3500 per day, could remove dirt for the pond in one day and keep labor down.

4. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

AH....THE FELLA'S ARE THINKING...SORRY I FORGOET TO MENTION THAT THE DRIVEWAY IS ONLY ONE CAR WIDE AND IS PAVERS...I MAY BE WRONG BUT I DID NOT THINK IT WOULD SUPPORT A CRANE(I DID THINK OF THAT THOUGH)...ALSO THERE IS A PATIO OF STAMPED CONCRETE NEAR THE POND WHICH IS SURROUNDED BY A KNEEWALL...POND IS TOO FAR AWAY TO DIG OVER THE WALL AND THERE IS A KEYSTONE WALL ON EITHER OF THE LONG ENDS OF THE POND...ONE ABOVE..AND ONE BELOW THE GRADE OF THE POND...