1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lets play fair guys

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrigation man, Nov 20, 2007.

1. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

i thought that no one could advertise training and seminars unless you were a paying sponsor?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I believe we are being fair.
    Anyone that is affliated or knowingly involved with a seminar, manufacturer etc, is not permitted to advertise here about it.
    However, I believe we talk about a lot of things here, distributors, companies, seminars, etc that aren't sponsors, and we never stop anyone from doing so. The only time we do is when someone is DIRECTLY AFFLIATED WITH THE SEMINAR, COMPANY, MANUFACTURER etc. Then that is not allowed because then that becomes a BIASED opinion or becomes SELF PROMOTING.
    I hope that clears things up a little.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I believe you are referring to the courses by Ewing thread? Is the thread starter affliated with Ewing? I have never seen any evidence that he is.
    I have been wrong before though, no doubt.
  4. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

how can u not say that someone isnt a part of that business,i think in all fairness there should be a more watchful eye on it,i could just have a customer come in and have him post a thread for me and that makes it right i only try to help train the people out there doing this kind of work and one way to get people involved is using forums like this we are not pushing any one manufacturer but all that are in our industry
  5. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

I posted the thread, and i dont work for Ewing. I am a Independent contractor. i was on there website and found they were having classes so i was sharing the information, if you have a problem with that im sorry but thats the truth. :cry:
  6. i see your point well. I could use this persona to promote my pigtail persona but I don't out of unbelievable integrity.
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We have talked about our suppliers and manufacturers thousands of times here. Mention of them has been every single day. So if I want to discuss this auditing class that me and my tech attended through Ewing, with other LawnSiters, then you think that is wrong? He didn't say anything about going there and buying parts. We've even discussed the Rainbird classes/seminars. My opinion is your point or argument is a little weak.
  8. i think his point is Dana that he could get a friend to pretend to be an irrigator and promote him thereby accomplishing what he wants without a direct post. M. Tom admitted as much and I suspect that many manufacturer reps get on here as irrigators and become blowhards for their company. It is not that hard with a little imagination to skirt the mods and get your site or product promoted.
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

But his original point is that the Ewing thread shouldn't be here. I think it is totally relevant. Sure, any of us could be on here diabolically planning to hijack this forum with unnecessary posts promoting suppliers or manufacturers and take over the world (okay a little overboard there). But are we? No. Any blatant post promoting these things have been taken down. this is not one of them. The mods do a fine job of taking unnecessary posts down.
  10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You mean RotorTool is a paid rainbird shill?

Say its not so? I only thought he was a tool....a rotortool that is.