Lets play the name game. I need help...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mrusk, Jan 20, 2004.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Guys i try to think of a name everyday for my lawncare/landscape company i am starting this spring and i can't come up with much. Every name i think of turns out to be taken.

I can't use my last name. Its Ruszkiewicz. People would read it on my truck and not be able to pernounce it.

You guys have any ideas? I am shooting for 'something' Landscape Managment'. Incase this helps you i live in a rurual part of northern new jersey.

If i do not come up with anything good by Spring i will go with Rusk Landscape Managment.
    If you guys could shoot out some names i'd really appreciate it. I want a name that sounds real professional becuase i have goals of running 10+ crews.

Thank you
    Matt

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Matt,
    How about just using some reference to your name, but not really your name, like...

Double Z Mowing

We'll do the work, you catch some Z's

I'm thinking over here, I'll post more if I think of something
    Hope this helps :cool:

3. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

This is how I feel about names of Companys. If you live in an area that is called Lake Side, then you would call your company Lake Side Landscape Management. You how ever live in the "Garden State" . So I would call it "Garden State Landscaping". The people in your area probably beat that name to death so you need to be clever. I don't think anyone should use their family name for a business. If you go belly up then "when" you restart your company people will remember it . If your name starts with an A then your first in the phone book. There's a lot to think about. Take your time, when the right name comes to you, you'll be the frist to know.

Bill

4. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I'm having the same problem.
    I have some in mind just not sure about them.

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

If I were to be starting over, I would for sure use a name like:

"LandCare"

"Garden State Landcare"

SOme of the consultants say we should always have the word "lawn" in our biz name somewhere....so I did that and now I hate the name we have but I wont change it now

If you offer more than mowing, I would stay away from "lawn service" unless thats all you EVER plan to do...and in our case, lawn maint is the smaller part of the business...so I screwed up

I think landcare has a nice ring to it...sounds bigger than you may be...implies more service than just mowing. If landcare is already taken, you can put a word in front of it or behind it,,,like Jersey LandCare, or Quality LandCare, Landcare Services, or perhaps
    Land & Lawn, Lawn & Land....just some ideas for you to kick around

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

How about M.R. Landscape Managment?

7. mrusk

Hmmmm..
    Landcare LLC sounds pretty good. Its a strong name sorta of like Brickman. Its also a easy name to remember. That could be it.

matt

8. mrusk

uhhh well i searched on the state site and got

1 LANDCARE CONSTRUCTION CORP. 0100452543 DP
    2 LANDCARE, INC. 0100407928 DP
    3 LANDCARE NORTH INC. 0100655636 DP
    4 LANDCARE SERVICES, LLC 0600108281 LLC

So i really don't know if i want to use any form of that now. I plan on growing into a big company so i don't want to use a varriation of a name that is in the state. I got to think about it more. There companys could be in the southern part of the state.
    hmm

matt

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Ruszki Landscaping Co. I think it has nice ring to it. Just my .02.

10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sort of funny, but we have a company here called "Landscape Services Inc." simple and to the point. or you can go with something like North Jersey Landscape Mgmt.