Lets see pictures of your trucks and trailers!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SouthValleyLandscapeMaint, Jan 1, 2009.

1. SouthValleyLandscapeMaint

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint LawnSite Member

Pictures and descriptions of everyone's trucks and trailers would be awesome! Maybe some of us have ideas that others have never thought of that would help us be more efficient or organized.

2. Concrete Kev

Concrete Kev LawnSite Member

Under helpful lawnsite tools there is a section for this. Some people have posted pictures of their stuff. Some nice shops an equipment on there.

3. IdealLawnCare

IdealLawnCare LawnSite Member

These Ideas are some that I came up with from junk I had sitting here. For these mods it cost me about $30 because I am somewhat of a pac-rat and I keep everything because "I might need it someday".

Here are some mods I did to my trailer to make life just a bit easier for me.
    pics 1-3, This past weekend I put some in floor storage boxes in for those tools and other things that you like to have with you but always get in the way and mess up the trailer. My trailer is 6x12 so between the frame rails I made two boxes that are 22"x55"x8" and screwed them through the floor. I think they will work great.

The 4th pic is a "gas door" I put in. I had an access door for a Camper sitting here so I took the door apart and took the white panel out and then cut a hole in my trailer and used the red panel piece I cut out to replace the white panel for the door. Now I have a 1'x3' gas door on the driver side of my trailer so if I put fuel in the truck I dont have to turn the truck around to put fuel in the trailer. Notice the location of the crank on the gas caddy. I can fuel the equipment from the gas door too. I used the gas door this past season and it is a nice add on.

Last pic is a 2"x2" reciever hitch I made for my Toro Z from things Already had. All the Hitches I could find for my Toro were just a hole for a pin or I found one that was a 1.25"x1.25" reciever. This one I made allows me to use the 2"x2" draw bars I already have. My 9 year old son thought we should paint it with hammerd steel gray paint. He is my little helper. One of the properties I do is about 9 acres that is completely flat with no obsticles so I have a snapper hand hydromatic control 42" and he help me whenever he can so I allow him to run that and I cut right near him so I can keep a close eye on him. I know I should not allow him to cut with me but this property is one that I do for a family friend and when the business is closed so it is kind of a good training area and the only one he helps on. I know people like to bragg about thier kids but he is just amazing as to how he can handle things and how he picks up on things too. I hope he uses his smarts for something good when he becomes an adult.

let me know your thoughts are these things.

P1070114.JPG

P1070115.JPG

P1070118.JPG

P1070120.JPG

P1070113.JPG

4. jeffmoore

jeffmoore LawnSite Member

Kids are great, glad to see I'm not the only one doing this. I let him run my tiger cub on a lot of my flat properties. We ran side by side first of spring on his days off and by summer could handle it by himself no problem. I think it teaches them a lot about responsibility, respect, integrity and so much more. I would put him up against most adults on the same mower now. Very proud father of a 10 year old son. I do not let him use the hand held stuff yet, can't be to carefull with eyes and fingers.

5. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I like the floor in your trailer, did you build the whole floor up to make those compartments or just cut holes in the existing floor?

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I like the modifications. They definitely look like space savers.

7. IdealLawnCare

I used 2"x8" with 1/2" plywood and cut holes in the floor. They hang down about even with the axel.

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

That is "brilliant :drinkup:" I thought I had used all the space in my trailer. Thank you!

9. SouthValleyLandscapeMaint

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint LawnSite Member

Yea... I really like the floor in that trailer. What did you use to support those hanging down?

10. IdealLawnCare

I ran a bunch of 4" screws down through the floor into the 2"x8". Im a 200 lb. guy and I jumped in the box and it was solid.