Let's see what you got

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I was tired of that- the cobbler's kids have no shoes- thing; So, i decided to do a complete landscape and lawn renovation at my house. I'm sodding the entire lawn...and my plant budget is about 1500( I get great wholesale prices). I already have a good design...But let's see what you guys can do with one of those new-fangled cad programs. Thanks in advance!:usflag:

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

sorry about that

house 001.jpg

house 002.jpg

house 003.jpg

house 004.jpg

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Gonna need alot more than $1500 for a nice design. I can see some nice retaining walls in front of the house for planting beds.

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

you can easily landscape the front of that house for 1500 cost. sod wouldnt be included obviously. its a basic house, and it should get a bsic landscape.

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

The right side of the house is getting a good sized crape myrtle,12 silver fitzers,7 large b&b Loripetalum, a rhododendron(b&b). The area behind the mailbox is getting a 5' Jap maple, 5 Andorra Juniper, and 3 ko roses. The area around the douglass fir upfront is getting a goldthread cypress,5 ko roses, 7 andorra juniper, and a bed of perennials. The front right side of the house is getting (from right to left) knock out roses, perennial bed, A 7' Redbud with 9 hosta under it. The left corner is getting a tree form ligustrum. Going down the left side of the house will be perennial bed, camelia, many gumpo azalea, a rhododendron, and a purple lilac. The left side of the property line will be 7 7 gallon leyland cypress. There will also be a couple of areas to plant annuals when the time comes. All of these plants, less the perennials, are actually around 1300 from my wholesale nursery. The rest of my lawn is going to be picture perfect turf.The sod is going to be 13000 square feet of tall fescue...When spring comes, I'm going to hit it with some Lesco teammates(80%fescue triple blend,20% perennial rye) .

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

What are you doing about draining and how are you handling runoff?

7. Accu-cut Lawn Care

The property slopes from right to left when you are looking from the street. I'm burying the gutter downspouts and putting a french drain on the right side of the house that exits into the back yard. Other than that, there are no drainage problems...the grade of the property handles the water pretty well. The new sod will handle a lot of the runoff too.

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I would see about a channel drain in front of that garage as well..tie it into the french drain.

9. Accu-cut Lawn Care

That is a very good idea...But 8000 is all that I have budgeted for this installation. But, it is something I might do in the future. I am putting up a retaining wall next to the driveway, It might not stop all of the water from puddling there...but will stop the dirt that likes to encroach from time to time. Thanks though.

10. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

That would not be a fun driveway to have.