Lets see who's paying how much from where

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Broker, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Lets go over what different people pay for the same parts in different cities...

Hunter PGP

Hunter PGV-JT

Hunter SRC 900I

Hunter PRO-C

HUNTER PS-04

RAINBIRD 5004

RAINBIRD Modular Timer

12" Spray

All 1" valves
  2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Since this isn't a closed profresionsal only forum.........I'll pass. Matrix and special contractor prices are not public information in my book. We get way to many "shoppers" here IMHO.
  3. Broker

I thought that this was basically a professional website "professionals growing together" maybe is not a good idea. You can't tell me you would like to know if in a different region someone is paying 7.41 per rotor while you might be paying 9. Or 8.77 per valve while you might be paying 12.5.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Given the reality of completely open access here, you're 'telling the world' - so I can understand any reluctance to post purchase prices. I get enough grief from some repair clients that think I should charge what Home Depot does for rotor heads. (I require at least a pitcher of beer before I discuss numbers)
  5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto... beer and an area of the pizza parlor where we can eat and discuss. :p

We usually purchase by the case and we get a better price than just buying a few at a time. We also don't use any of the parts you've indicated on your survey.

We also get those that say, "Hey, I can buy that for $39.95 and you're estimating out at $43.98 each." What they don't take into account is that even though we are a government agency we STILL have to pay tax. All my work orders indicate parts cost including tax.

Also: "Why is it costing $1.26 for each 1/2" sprinkler swing joint? I can get cut-off poly risers for $.39each."
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

This might work if we were on a "locked site" where we knew the general public wasn't privy to the discussions. I believe someone made this very same suggestion to Sean. :D
  7. Broker

Understood, I guess I did not realize that this is a popular site for homeowners.