Lets see your daily drivers...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NateV, Feb 6, 2009.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't recall how high the flat bed sits off the ground but its pretty high. I had the gooseneck ball sunk in the bed and had them put a "V" down the center of the flatbed to lower the tow height when pulling a gooseneck trailer.

2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Your probobly right:laugh:

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

hey can you take pics of the ramp for the dump..I want to see how that works! looks like a great Idea!

4. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Your truck is awesome!! I almost bought one identical to that before buying my gray Lariat. I didn't like the fact that the FX4's didn't have heated seats, and no auto climate control. Plus i had a 03 w/painted frontend like that and it looked like crap after a couple of years, so i decided to go w/the lariat w/chrome front end. I do really like the look of yours though!

5. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks. I think your dealer may have had their head up their a$$ if they told you that about the heated seats. It does not have the auto climate though. You do get more features with a lariat than the FX4. The only thing I really wanted was the power sliding rear window that was not a factory option on FX4. I really liked the black interior and lack of wood grain. I also didn't get the adjustable pedals or the switch on the fly 4x4. I like the manual way better especially once it gets old. Not sure when you bought your truck. Mine is a job 3. The dash and door panels are completely black. Some of the other FX 4's have the same dash and door panels as the lariat with black seats. I just doesn't seem to flow all that well in my opinion. I also still don't like the looks of the new headlights,without the chrome grill it seems to hide them alot better.JMO. Thanks again.

6. dirtybiz

from MT

Yeah, i thought they told me no heated leather, but maybe that was just the particular one i was looking at. I agree i like the black interior and no wood as well. My 03 was black interior and carbon fiber instead of wood. That was one of the biggest reasons i considered the fx4. Looking back i am glad i got the lariat w/lighter interior, much cooler during summer, and much easier to disguis (sp.?) dirt. Is your truck stock? I am really considering dpf delete w/spartan tuner, but really hate to void the warranty. I will try to post some pic's of mine later.

7. dirtybiz

from MT

Count me in: 5-ford's and a dodge. Missing the 05 f-150 s/crew and the 96 F-250

new 015.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

2008 Landscaping 011.jpg

Truck 3.jpg

8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

All I did to it so far was level it,tint it and get rid of the factory fx4 decals. The Spartan tuner and dpf delete is also on my wish list. The Spartan seems to get the best reveiws by everyone. I soooo know what your saying about hiding dirt. The black carpet is kind of a pain to keep clean....but looks so nice. You got one hell of a fleet there.

9. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Spartan is one of the best tuners for a 6.4 PowerStroke. Just like DP Tuner is one of the best tuners for 7.3 PowerStrokes.

10. dirtybiz

from MT

Anyone know what it might cost me to paint the cab on my F650 silver? Been contemplating it since i purchased it, and i plan on having it for many years to come, as it only has 10k on it right now! Thanks.