1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lets see your daily drivers...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NateV, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Words spoken from a kid who owns a busted ass dodge:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

First off, how many kids my age today payed for there own truck? Not many!

Second, if you were looking for a cheap small truck and that came around as cheap as it was, you woulda bought it to.
  3. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

If you read the next line it says something about the quality of the truck. When a frame breaks in half after less than 10,000 km, or when a rear end literally falls out of the truck.....read the whole axle laying about 20 feet behind it.......after less than 8,000 km, that speaks volumes about the quality. We still have a few Fords on rental, and they are averaging around 40% availability.....now that's a high quality machine right there.
  4. Cables Lawn Care

Cables Lawn Care LawnSite Member

here is mine before it was lettered

Picture 032.jpg
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I like it Jr. May have to steal that one.:weightlifter:
  6. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

I think a lot of young guys could pay, what, 1500?, for a truck. And, what do you really have against Fords anyway? Have you ever even driven one? If god made sh*t, he sure made some good sh*t!
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

My first truck was fully Ryan funded and JR - no I would have passed on it as it is a Dodge.:nono:

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I personally don't have anything against nonGM products, I just chose not to own one. Until recently GM has never given me a reason to. Now that they are not in the 4500-5500 market I will need to look at something else when it comes time to replace my 5500. I am not sure what I will replace it with. It will be some time down the road before that is necessary. I would like to consider an IH 4400 4X4. We will see when the time comes.

I believe the Duramax/Allision combo to be the best combination put in a light and med. duty truck. You can argue whether the IFS is a good idea, I don't have a problem with it. Its a hard pulling, comfortable, dependable pickup. I have had 5 of them and I have nothing but praise for them.
  9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I got an 03 F250 fx4, crew cab , lariatt with a lift and tons of goodies, and it has been an awesome truck... when it runs! It has about 70k miles on it , and i have put about 14k in repairs into the thing since may. I truly believe i do have a lemon, cause all my friends with fords are problem free (for the most part). My next ford will have a 6.4 or an older 7.3, 6.0 sucks. And to be honest the new style gmc/chev hd look pretty sweet, and ive herd lots of positive about the duramax.
  10. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO