Lets see your daily drivers...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NateV, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

You are aware though that oil is a finite resource there is only so much of it, hence why they are building hydrogen cars and a lot of plant is going diesel electric to reduce fuel bills, like cat now do d7 in diesel electric. Basically drives generator instead of transmission or hydraulic pump. Then electric motors drive those components.

I'll give you it's better than petrol but still contains nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and formaldehyde

Posted via Ipad

2. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

Okay seriously, phillosiphical differences aside. How do you propose that the world keeps up with this increasing rate of consumption, one where bigger and more = better? It's totally unrealistic over the long run.

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Personally I hate spending money on fuel, the less I spend the better. Our emissions laws are bad enough and likely getting worse. Look no further than loosing the 7.3.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Larger cities is where vehical emmissions need reducing, places like Vancouver where you have high density population people need to reduce vehical use.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I'd love to have a diesel in a halfton or smaller size truck..

I was just saying from an opinion stand point I'd rather have a fullsize truck.. But when your in it all day its nice to have the room..

I had the option to get a nice 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5, with $1,000 of new tires on it.. But I passed because of the lack of room and I'd be back to not being able to use my truck for work..

are you kidding me?! 19?! I'd love to get 19! I drove like a grandma this last tank of fuel and I hand calculated around 14.5 mile to the gallon.. If I drive normal I am down between 10-12..

I love my truck.. But if gas gets above $3.00 I dont know what I am gonna do.. I really dont know what I'll do if diesel gets much higher.. And everything around here is lower compared to the rest of the country!

6. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

:hammerhead: LandContract open your eyes, comments like yours continue the neanderthal american stereotype.:hammerhead: Are you 15? Bigger is not always better, the rest of the world does it better than we do with less. I have a 1500 sq.ft. home, for four and two dogs and it's huge in my opinion. And as far as living standards, if I didn't have ties here and was given the opportunity, I'd be in Europe in a heartbeat.

7. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Good comment Ioilyouin. In wish more US nationals would be more realistic.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Lets update this thread, whatcha think?

Still driving the ol' 2500hd..But I got 3 UWS boxes now, all rhinolined. and different tires.. Bout the only thing I've done to mine. A fuel tank is coming.. If a different truck doesnt come first.

Oh yeah.jpg

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Junior i thought you had nicer wheels and tires on your truck?

10. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Just picked this up the other week . Already put dual 4" mbrp exhaust, afe intake, mag hytec diff oil pan, transmission pan, and transgo jr shift kit. Gauges, efi live tunes , and a fass 150 will be here this week. Tires , rims, and a 4" lift to come in the spring.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o488/seanbrinston/3e7e961a.jpg
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o488/seanbrinston/b0bfc376.jpg
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o488/seanbrinston/d409c409.jpg
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o488/seanbrinston/3d54cb76.jpg
    Posted via Mobile Device